REGIONAL MISSION AND VISION
Regional Minister's Welcome
Welcome to the Christian Church in Georgia. We affirm that we are a part of the larger church of the Christian Church Disciples of Christ (DOC) in the United States and Canada. We endeavor to be a community of vibrant and diverse Disciple congregations making a difference locally and globally for Christ. Regional ministry is designed to create a community of congregations in covenant with one another to LIFT up the Name of Jesus (John 12:32). Our local churches are different in culture, community demographics, life cycles, worship, polity, and, ministry programs; we all represent the beauty and the creativity of God.
We are learning to celebrate difference and share what we have in common to increase our capacity to be a movement of wholeness in a fractured world. We welcome everyone to the table as Christ has welcomed us. Our purpose is to equip clergy, lay leaders, and congregations to LIFT: to Love everybody, Inspire all generations, Focus on Christ, and to Transform communities. We desire to build strong and healthy regional leadership to support new churches, strengthen established churches, nurture clergy, cultivate new calls to ministry, share ministry projects around the state and beyond, and to build authentic relationships wherever there is division. The regional church is made up of every clergy, lay leader and congregation in Georgia. The invitation is open and extended to you to JOIN us. We can only LIFT well if we LIFT together.
MISSION STATEMENT (LIFT)
We serve to equip Christian Church (DOC) clergy, lay leaders, and congregations to L.I.F.T. (John 12:32):
Inspire all generations
Focus on Christ
We are God's beloved community of diverse and vibrant Disciple congregations making a difference locally and globally for Christ.
STRATEGIES (Our ECHOS)
Health of Congregations
Outreach & Missions
Regional Learning Tools
· Mission: Sharing the love of God with the world
· Diversity: Valuing and celebrating all gifts and personhood
· Justice: Standing up with and for those who have no voice
· Collaboration: Cooperatively serving together for greater impact
· Covenantal relationships: Celebrating covenant and respecting freedom
· Transparency: Ensuring integrity and honesty in all relationships
· Stewardship: Joining God’s vision with resources for God’s purpose
· Spirituality: Recognizing and living like nothing happens without a relationship with Christ, prayer and biblical guidance.