Men's Ministries for the Disciples of Christ in Georgia
The General Conference of Disciples Men is the formal organization
of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States
and Canada, ministering to the unique needs of men in the church,
enabling them to fulfill their potential as servants of God, strengthening
the total ministry of the church.
News from our Congregations
North Georgia Disciples Men Fall Rally
years Fall Rally will be on September 24, 2016 hosted by Lawrenceville
First Christian Church Men beginning at 9:30am. Signin
begins at 9:30 with the event starting at 10am. The Rally concludes with lunch which should be at a nominal cost
to be announced.
The keynote speaker will be Rev James Shelton, New Hope CC (former Pastor/Counselor to Ga Disciples Men).
All are welcome but please respond with your expected attendance for food count purposes to
Men's Retreat 2016
Rev. Dr. Stan Sauders talked about A Dwelling Place for God: "The Forgotten Story of
Creation in the New Testament" including concepts of Heaven and Earth
together as creation and why being good stewards of the earth is
important in scripture. The retreat was held on April 15-17, 2016 at Christmount Christian Assembly
First Christian Church Griffin
The men of First Christian Church, Griffin,
sponsored a Sunday dinner to benefit Camp Christian.
Larry Conner cooked the barbecue and the rest of the
men furnished the remainder of the meal. The dinner
raised $625 to be donated to Camp Christian. (The food
was good, too.) Click on a picture below for a
Johns Creek Christian Church
The JCCC Menís has partner with the IMPACT Group. The
Menís group have started a tool pantry for families involved
in their housing program we have asked our men and members
of the church to bring lawn tools which will help a new
family in their new home provided by The IMPACT Group.
Years ago our church introduced a program in support
of North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC) that we affectionately
call "DAWGS" or Dollar A Week Grocery Savings.
With our members and participants contributing just a dollar
a week, we have been able to purchase thousands of canned
goods which have been donated to NFCC and distributed at
Thanksgiving to qualified needy families. It is that time
of year again when we are soliciting your help. Please consider
giving your "dollar a week" offering towards this
important ministry. We will be purchasing our canned goods
on Thursday, November 20th, so please give generously.
Submit your News!
To submit your news for this column - send an e-mail
and make sure to indicate it's "Men's News"
Milton Summerall Endowment
The Disciples Men Commission of Georgia is pleased to announce
the establishment of an Endowment in the Name of Milton
of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Awards
Disciples Men present two awards each year, the Layman of the Year Award
and the Lifetime Achievement Award. Click on the appropriate link
below to learn more about these awards and nominate someone you believe
Past Retreats and Rallys
Why Attend Regional Men's Events?
- We should spread the word to others that God is working through
- Shared experiences help you and others.
- We can work together for a greater good in mission ventures.
- We can benefit, grow and discover a better picture of the church
as Jesus intended.
- We can share Spiritual fellowship -- we are kindred spirits.
- We see that we are not alone and that others go through the same
things in this life.
- Our gatherings reinforce who we are as Disciples and that the church
is global, not limited.
- We have greater opportunity to hear new insight from speakers from
the wider church.
- We can tackle larger service projects as a region than a single
congregation can do.
- Physical fellowship -- being with likeminded believers in a ministry
- We are meant to gather -- Jesus sent his Disciples out in groups,
- We share an abundant and overflowing outpouring of Christian love
among the men.
- To be a greater witness to the joy of salvation in Christ.
- A benefit -- "as iron sharpens iron, so to does one man another"
- So you can meet more folks you'll spend eternity with.
- Because God is worshipped and you can experience that worship through
music, singing and prayer from a uniquely male perspective and atmosphere.
- To stay informed about the joys, needs and concerns of the wider
- Somebody there may need your help.
- Somebody there may be your help.
And last but not least,
- A verse -- " Forsake not the assembling of yourselves"
for Christ's sake.